Moving from one house to another is exciting and stressful at the same time. Having some sound advice can make the process a whole lot easier. PODS’ tried-and-true tips below can help ensure your move is as successful and seamless as possible.
- Pack basic essentials, such as a change of clothes and toiletries, in a carry-on-sized bag to keep with you, instead of loading them onto your PODS container.
- Use clear plastic bins for priority items.
- Consider hiring packers and loaders.
- Sell unwanted valuables online or have a yard sale.
- Take pictures of your old and new home.
- Organize your boxes by numbers.
- Label box sides with room destination.
- Use the right-sized boxes.
- Get your new home ready.
- Reduce the amount of boxes for the movers.
- It’s a good idea to make sure that the power is on and working at your new house before you leave the old one.
- If your budget allows, consider springing for a cleaning crew to clean up your old home after you leave.
Courtesy of PODS Enterprises